Part of the reason we decided to have a destination wedding was so that we could spend some quality time with our nearest and dearest and celebrate for more than just an evening. Since our wedding weekend is revolving around good food, good music and good friends (and a parade), we have a few different events planned for our wedding weekend…in addition to the actual wedding on Saturday night. We would love for you to join us in one or all of the following!
Friday, April 26:
- 6:00pm – Cocktail Buffet: Instead of doing a small rehearsal dinner, we would like to invite all of our friends and family that are in town to a Cocktail Buffet Friday night, hosted by a good family friend Carey Hammett. We will be providing a shuttle from the Sheraton at 6pm and shuttle service back to the hotel starting at 8pm. You can also cab to the home for ~$25.
Saturday, April 27:
- 6:00 pm – Wedding Ceremony, Second Line and Reception: Please join us at the Hermann-Grima House for the main event and the weekend’s headliner – Heather and Mike’s wedding!
Sunday, April 28:
- 11:00 am – 7:00 pm – Jazz Fest: We will be attending Jazz Fest on Sunday as a big group and plan on staking out an area for everyone to join us. If you haven’t attended this festival we highly recommend coming out and enjoying some of the best music you will ever hear in one place. Tickets for the concert can be found here. You should purchase a single day ticket for the first weekend as well as a shuttle ticket that is a round trip ticket from the Sheraton Hotel.
- Sunday Evening – Live Music on Frenchman Street: One of the best parts of Jazz Fest is all of the live music at the bars after the festival. For those that are still in town, we will try to hit up some bars and live music venues to keep the celebration going.
Other Activities to do while in New Orleans:
- Jazz Fest: Jazz Fest will be held all weekend, Friday-Sunday, so feel free to go one of the other days as well. Music varies day by day and the schedule will be posted online. We will be going as a big group on Sunday. If you go plan on going to Jazz Fest on Saturday, please keep in mind the travel times from the festival so that you will be able to make it back to the French Quarter in time for the headliner! http://www.nojazzfest.com/